How packing for storage is done? All you need to know…
It’s going to get hot outside New Jersey! Summer is just around the corner. Are you planning a big move? Want to know how to pack your belongings appropriately. Packing for storage doesn’t have to be all bad, especially if you’re storing items so you can take the summer off and travel the world.
There’s a lot that goes into moving and lots of cleaning to be done for spring. Saving room and making for extra space is every homeowners dream and at Safe and Secure Self Storage we make those dreams come true. We’re going to help you with the best ideas to pack for storage.
- Make sure you buy materials to pack your items correctly. It’s better to gather all materials necessary when packing for storage than to wait till the last minute. We offer several different sizes of boxes in our main office so you can choose your own. Its always a good practice to view your unit first and purchase your packing supplies before your move into storage.
- Make separated piles so you can assemble the items you’re storing and the items you don’t want or are giving for donation.
- Packing for storage can be very stressful especially when you’re packing fine china. We carry bubble wrap in the main office that will alleviate that stress. Once you have the bubble wrap, wrap it around each individual piece of china ware and pack into the box appropriately. Don’t overdo it, use the spacing in the box without overstuffing the box. This leaves less to be top-heavy when packing for storage.
- Utilizing every space is a great practice for packing for storage. Keep dresser drawers in the dresser so you can use them as a storage spot for pillows and blankets. Using moth balls for this is also an added layer of protection and if you’re a little OCD as I am, using vacuum seal bags is recommended.
- Always put your emergency back towards the front of the unit when packing for storage. This is so you don’t have to search or flip items in your storage unit to find something you need during your stay.
Packing for Long Term Storage –
- Long term storage is accessible when you have to keep things securely stowed for any timeframe past a quarter of a year. Here are a couple of tips for making the most out of long term storage stay:
- Abstain from packing things in plastic bags. In spite of the fact that it may appear as though plastic is more defensive against water harm than boxes, the inverse is actually valid. Plastic can trap mugginess and dampness and accelerate the buildup of mildew.
- Purchase strong boxes. In spite of the fact that you can reuse free boxes from markets, it’s regularly best to buy boxes that are comparable size and in decent shape. They will be simpler to stack and get to—and your things will be more secure over the long haul.
- Treat delicate things well. Separately wrap delicate things by bubble wrap or potentially paper and imprint their containers appropriately. These ought to dependably go some place protected and far from the remainder of the put away things.
- Vacuum Seal garments and fabrics. Vacuum-fixed packs are incredible for putting away a closet or valued window ornaments—and can help ensure against harms. On the off chance that you’ll be keeping garments away, you might need to put resources into these.
- For long term storage of appliances, wipe down the insides well (and with a thing like baking soda or bleach). Leave the entryways slightly open and the cords wrapped. If you bring mold from your appliances into your storage locker it can spread to other items.
- Put items on pallets (which you can frequently get for nothing from home improvement stores). Getting boxes and furniture off the ground counteracts against harms and keeps the air moving.